Visit the Organic Bake Shop for all your organic baking supplies.
• Stainless Steel Bakeware Set
• Organic Flours, Sweeteners, Oils, Flavorings...
• Natural & Vegan Baking Books
• Organic Coffee & Teas
• Organic Recipes
This organic brownie recipe is always a hit...
even with friends who do not eat vegan desserts!
Organic Chef Tom’s
Enjoy rich, moist, tasty brownies without dairy or refined sugar. This vegan version of a classic and popular treat is quick and simple to prepare yet disappears really fast!
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup carob powder
½ cup soy milk
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine carob powder, syrup, oil, soy milk, and vanilla in medium size bowl mix well with a whisk or large spoon.
2. Mix pastry flour, baking powder and sea salt together in a bowl. Pour carob mixture into flour and mix well.
3. Lightly oil baking pan or glass baking dish and powder lightly with flour. Pour brownie mixture into baking dish, smooth top, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Variations: Top brownies with organic pecans or walnuts before baking. Or put some inside the batter, bake and enjoy!
Frontier Fair-Trade Vanilla Extract There’s nothing plain about this vanilla. Pure. Organic. Exotic. Best of all it’s
Did you know...
Carob comes from the pods of the Mediterranean locust tree. The carob pods are roasted and ground into a sweet powder that has a taste similar to chocolate. Carob is often used as a chocolate substitute because it is naturally sweet and caffeine free. Carob is also high in calcium, too!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..
Organic Chef Tom
Chef Tom has been cooking natural foods for over 35 years. He has cooked in natural restaurants across the USA including the East West Cookery in New York City, 7th Inn in Boston, The Unicorn in Miami Beach and his own restaurant, The Garden Cookery in Maine. He owns and operates Natural Lifestyle Online Market with his family.
© Copyright 2014 Organic Matters Media
debi@organicmattersmedia | 828.337.6114