Really Rich Chocolate Cake ~ What you need
Yield: 6-8 servings
2½ cups unbleached white flour
½ cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup canola oil
½ cup soft silken tofu
1 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla
1½ cups soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Easy Chocolate Sauce ~ What you need
Yield: 1¼ Cups
1 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
½ cup soy milk or rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Oil and four a 9-inch spring form pan and set aside.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. Place the oil, tofu, maple syrup, vanilla, soy milk, and vinegar in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir until well mixed. Pour into the prepared pan.
4. Bake about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before removing the sides of the pan. Cool completely before adding the sauce.
Easy Chocolate Sauce
1. Add water to the bottom half of a double boiler and place the chocolate chips and soy milk in the top section. Bring the water to a boil and heat the chips, stirring often until melted.
2. Add the vanilla extract and stir with a whisk until smooth.
3. Cool slightly before using.
• You can prepare this sauce without a double boiler. Add the chips and soy milk to a small saucepan and place over low heat. Stir constantly until the chips are melted.
Reprinted from Greens and Grains on the Deep Blue Sea
Cookbook © 2007 by Sandy Pukel.
Quality Stainless Steel
Professional Stainless Steel
Square Cake Pans